RTO Advance has developed a new service to assist our clients maintain a quality assured and compliant registered training organisation year-round with the aim of helping you grow your RTO proactively and maintaining your industry lead.
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND COMPLIANCE SERVICE
Many RTOs have been involved in regulatory issues with ASQA and as a result, are looking for a cost-effective way to maintain a high degree of ongoing operational compliance. The Australian VET industry operates within a complex and constantly changing regulatory environment. For many Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) this represents a significant governance and compliance burden which impacts both the time available for core business and the bottom line. The cost of the systems and resources required to handle compliance can appear to be unsustainable.
Current audit practice focuses on document-based evidence, which requires excellent record keeping and detailed administrative work performed by staff that are able to adapt to regular changes in regulations and standards. The cost of compliance includes your administrative infrastructure, record keeping and the management of your training and assessment activities.
The amount of training and assessment you conduct often justifies engaging external experts to assist staff to manage the wide range of compliance work that can include:
- - confirming the competencies training staff hold
- - monitoring and assisting in maintaining currency of training staff
- - conducting independent assessment validation
- - participating in regular industry engagement activities
- - implementing effective governance procedures
- - undertaking regular course reviews
- - monitoring and updating policies and procedures
By staying ahead of the game, through addressing compliance and any identified regulatory issues before they occur, RTOs can avoid the costly and time-consuming task of rectifying non-compliances that can cause problems with the regulator. Many of these cases involve the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) and incur substantial legal and consultant fees.
[You might also like read our '5 steps to using audit compliance as an opportunity to Grow Your RTO']
OUR NEW REMOTE INTERNAL AUDIT SERVICE
RTO Advance has the expertise and staff who can provide ongoing RTO quality assurance and compliance support. We have found that by undertaking scheduled internal compliance reviews and providing ongoing help desk and administrative support, our clients remain up to date with their regulatory requirements.
This ongoing service includes:
- - two internal audits each calendar year against the Standards for RTOs 2015 - and if the RTO is CRICOS registered, the ESOS Act and National Code 2018 and CRICOS providers delivering English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
- - comprehensive audit reports that identify any non-compliances
- - an action plan setting out any rectification recommendations
- - appointing an RTO Advance expert as your regular client liaison contact
- - three RTO document templates
- - email and telephone help desk support to answer questions and provide advice.
The service normally commences with the first internal audit and this provides a base line for any improvement actions and a risk rating for any identified non-compliances. The resulting audit report and action plan allows the RTO to focus on the highest priority issues first.
The annual fee is $8,950 plus GST.
The payment schedule is 50% (plus GST) paid on signing of this agreement and prior to commencement of the audit; with 50% (plus GST) paid 6 months after the date of the first invoice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Help desk assistance is up to 8 hours per year and any unused portion of this time is non-refundable. Additional 8-hour blocks can be purchased by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual fee does not include RTO Advance undertaking any compliance rectification action if required. Should you require RTO Advance’s assistance with such action, a further proposal and costing can be provided.